Dan joined Knisely Nagase Anderson LLP as a student-at-law in 2006 and became a partner in 2012. Dan holds a business degree from the University of Alberta and a science degree from the University of British Columbia. He returned to Edmonton to graduate from the University of Alberta Faculty of Law in 2006, and became a member of the Law Society of Alberta in 2007.
While studying law, Dan was actively involved with Student Legal Services of Edmonton serving as the Criminal Law Coordinator, supervising the numerous criminal cases handled by Student Legal Services. Throughout his career, Dan has been a member of the Alberta Criminal Trial Lawyers Association.
Dan maintains a general criminal defence practice, including bail, summary conviction trials, preliminary hearings, jury trials, and appeals. Dan routinely appears in all levels of court in Alberta. Dan has extensive experience representing clients charged with a variety of offences including:
• Impaired driving and other driving offences such as dangerous driving, impaired driving causing bodily harm, dangerous driving causing death, failure to remain at scene of accident, flight from police;
• Domestic violence and other violent offences including assault, assault with a weapon, assault causing bodily harm, aggravated assault, uttering threats;
• Drug offences such as possession of drugs, trafficking drugs, production of drugs;
• Property related offences such as theft, possession of stolen property, theft of motor vehicle;
• Crimes of dishonesty such as, theft from an employer, fraud, uttering forged documents;
• Sexual offences including sexual assault and sexual interference;
• Provincial Regulatory offences such as charges under the Public Health Act and the Animal Protection Act.
If you have any questions or require any advice regarding your traffic, criminal, or appellate matter, Dan is eager to assist. Please do not hesitate to contact Dan to schedule a confidential appointment to discuss your legal matters.